Overall, a timer app is very simple. It ticks away the players time, and that is that. But, what I am hoping to create with Death Clock is supplemental information that will help the player better manage his time.
- Although green and red are not the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye, they are ingrained as "Go" and "Stop" respectively. This makes for easy viewing of the timer state.
- The Pause/Resume button is found in the middle, away from the players times, to decrease the chances of a player accidentally pausing the game.
- The "i" button provides gamers access to the options screen, even while the timer is ticking away.
- What you don't normally see in a timer clock, is that the player can clearly see his elapsed time. This is very handy for chess clock, so you know that you have spent X amount of time on this turn.
- Provide the gamer with times for his previous turns, to time management accordingly.
- Support for all available timing schemes. Presently: Chess Clock, Timed Turns (with Extension), and Elapsed Time
I hope to make Death Clock the staple game timer for Warmachine and Hordes players with access to the iOS platform.
Depending on how many options are available within the App, I plan to sell it for either $.99 or $1.99.